UV Vitamin E
Sale price $39.99 Regular price
- Fine Japan UV supplement product.
- Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) is the major lipid-soluble chain-breaking antioxidant of membranes.
- Its UV-absorbance spectrum (lambda max 295 nm) extends well into the solar spectrum.
- We hypothesize that in skin alpha-tocopherol may absorb solar UV light and generate tocopheroxyl radicals.
- Reduction of tocopheroxyl radicals by other antioxidants (e.g. ascorbate, thiols) will regenerate (recycle) vitamin E at the expense of their own depletion.
- It protects the skin from environmental pollution
- It has a protecting action against UV radiation – although it cannot be classed as a sunscreen
- It is an excellent moisturizer
- It contains powerful anti-inflammatory action – and this can prevent the signs of premature aging, as inflammatory conditions in the skin is a leading cause of skin ageing
- It has excellent wound healing properties
- Apart from all of these excellent qualities, Vitamin E also enhances and helps with the penetration of other compounds into the skin and is itself well absorbed by human skin.